- Congressional Updates and Q&A, Representatives Smith and DelBene.
- Campaign update: Joan McBride for State Senate
- Other candidate/organization courtesies
- Treasurer’s report
- Report of LD Chair Phil Kouse deferred from last meeting
- Convene brief special session of LD Caucus to receive report on specific resolutions referred to Caucus Resolution Committee to be put into final form, and to determine whether to refer them to the State Convention with or without our recommendation to pass the resolutions.
- Courtesies for candidates/organizational reps arriving from other LD meetings
- Good of the Order: Vice Chair Virginia Rogalsky re: Cinco de Mayo Party; Vice Chair Karen Tennyson re: special May meeting PCO Votebuilder training. Others from floor.
- Washington Work and Family Coalition presentation re: family and medical leave
- New and tabled endorsements [Bylaw: "At any meeting at which endorsements have been given as an item for the agenda, the membership may endorse candidates for elected office or for ballot propositions." Article XII.Section 1]
- Presentation by Parliamentarian John Elsbree
- Reports by Treasurer and Chair (with Q&A)
- Good of the Order and Adjournment
Suggested potluck items by last name:
- A-G Appetizers
- H-O Salads
- P-Z Desserts
OR you may make a cash contribution toward the cost of the burgers.
The good news: pets allowed in park (on leash with proper hygiene)
The bad news: no alcoholic beverages.
Please RSVP Virginia Rogalsky by Monday to assist Virginia and Yosefa Kouse to plan hamburger purchases.
Presentations by candidates, issues and organizations.
- Dow Constantine, incumbent candidate for King County Executive.
- Other candidates who attend may make presentations, but there will be no Q&A at this meeting due to the amount of time devoted to it at our June endorsement meeting.
- Introductory presentation by Responsible Choices with brief Q&A. http://www.responsiblechoiceswa.org/
Legislative Wrap-up: Representatives Ross Hunter and Cyrus Habib and State Senator Rodney Tom
New Business: Consideration of donation to King County Democrats for 2013
48th LD members made the following endorsements by at least 2/3 majority vote meeting in Bellevue Wednesday, June 19, and Wednesday, July 17.
Dow Constantine, King County Executive.
John Urquhart, King County Sheriff.
John Creighton, Port of Seattle Commissioner Position 1
Courtney Gregoire, Port of Seattle Commissioner Position 2
Stephanie Bowman, Port of Seattle Commissioner Position 3
Steven Kasner, Bellevue City Council Position 4
Lynne Robinson and Vandana Slatter, dual endorsement for Bellevue City Council Position 6. (It is the earnest hope of our members in recommending their dual endorsement that voters will select these persons to be the top two of the three candidates in the primary who go forward to the November primary election, an outcome which is feasible under our current primary election system.)
Jay Arnold, Kirkland Council Position 1
Shelley Kloba, Kirkland Council Position 2
Doreen Marchione, Kirkland Council Position 7
Krischanna Roberson, Bellevue School Board Director, District 4
King County Proposition 1 (Parks Levy): Recommend vote in favor of proposition
No candidates for other offices have requested our consideration for endorsement to date. Initiatives appearing only on the November ballot will be considered for recommendation of vote for or against at a later date.